The ABCs of Tile Grout: Color, Style, and Combination
Tile grout plays an important role in home and commercial décor, adding color and style as well as protection to your tile flooring and walls. But how do you know which colors and styles are best? And how do you choose the right colors and combinations? In this article on tile grout, we’ll explore the basics of selecting tile grout, including color and style, as well as some tips on how to pick the right combination of colors so that your floors and walls look fantastic!
Different Tile Colors and Styles
When it comes to tile grout, there are three basic colors to choose from: white, black, and gray. You can also find pre-mixed colors, which can save you time and hassle. As for style, there are two main types of tile grout: smooth and textured. Smooth tile grout is best for small spaces or areas where you want a clean look. Textured tile grout is best for larger spaces or areas where you want more grip. Now that we’ve picked the right color and style, let’s talk about combinations.
When it comes to tile grout, there are an endless amount of color and style combinations to choose from. But how do you know which combination is right for your project? Here are a few things to consider when selecting the perfect grout color and style:
- Coordinate colors with the primary colors in the room.
- Incorporate contrasting colors with small amounts of them (think 3-5% of each).
- Blend similar colors together that complement one another. For example, use different shades of light blues with white or beige for a coastal look.
- Go monochromatic if you want to maintain unity throughout the space without much variety or contrast.
- Choose two complimentary colors and add in two more to make a rainbow effect, or go with three complimentary colors – red, blue, and green.
Contact us for a quote today!